Dysphagia Assessment and Treatment Planning: A Team Approach - 2nd Edition is now fully revised and expanded, with new chapters and much new material. This second edition retains many of the unique attributes of the 1997 edition, with emphasis on the team approach to dysphagia assessment and treatment planning.
The book is written by working members of a clinical team dealing with dysphagia daily – including physicians, speech pathologists, nurse specialists, and nutritionists. It features fluoroscopic studies of normal and abnormal swallows on an accompanying DVD. New chapters cover: difficulties in dysphagia assessment, esophageal function, disorders and assessment techniques, laryngopharyngeal reflux, infant and neonatal swallowing and assessment, and interpretation of dynamic swallow studies, with particular attention paid to the value of specific objective measure using examples in specific patient populations. This new edition highlights the most current evidence based research as it applies to clinical practice. The DVD includes swallowing studies of normal subjects, both young and elderly, and several patient swallowing studies, illustrating a variety of abnormalities encountered in clinic. Video clips also illustrate transnasal esophageal endoscopy, pharyngeal manometry and flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing.
● Anatamy and Physiology of Deglutition Katherine Kendall
● Head and Neck Physical Exam Katherine Kendall
● Dysphagia in Head and Neck Surgery Patients Katherine Kendall
● Dysphagia in Neurogenic Disorders Ralph Johnson
● Esophageal Phase Dysphagia Peter Belafsky and Catherine Rees
● Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Peter Belafsky and Catherine Rees
● Nursing Evaluation and Care of the Dysphagia Patient Ann Sievers
● Clinical Swallow Evaluation Susan Goodrich and Alice Walker
● Pediatric Clinical Feeding Assessment Susan Goodrich, Margie Crandall, and Janet Pitcher
● Nutritional Concerns and Assessment in Dysphagia Beverly Lorens
● Endoscopy in Assessing and Treating Dysphagia Rebecca Leonard
● Radiographic Evaluation of the Pharynx and Esophagus John Rosenquist
● Emerging Technology in Dysphagia Assessment Peter Belafsky and Catherine Rees
● DSS: Swallow Evaluation with Videofluroscopy Susan McKenzie and Rebecca Leonard
● DSS Analysis (what happened) and Interpretation (why): A Systematic Approach for the Clinician Susan McKenzie
● Objective Measures and Normative Data in Adults Katherine Kendall, Susan McKenzie, and Rebecca Leonard
● Dynamic Swallow Studies: Measurement Technique Rebecca Leonard and Susan McKenzie
● The Treatment Plan Rebecca Leonard, Katherine Kendall, and Susan Goodrich
345 pages, Color Illustrations (4 Color), Hardcover, 7 x 10"
Included Media: 2 DVDs